7 Steps to Stroke Recovery
7 STEPS TO STROKE RECOVERY” EDUCATIONAL DVD
The main question facing stroke survivors and caregivers after discharge from hospital is — “now what?”
• Not knowing where to go for help in the community, not knowing what is available and not knowing how to access programs is tremendously confusing and frustrating.
• Stroke survivors and family caregivers need relevant education and practical guidance on living life after stroke
• This educational clip is a tool for anyone wishing to learn about stroke recovery.
• It outlines 7 Steps that will assist stroke survivors and caregivers in knowing how to continue the process of stroke recovery in the community after hospital discharge.
• It features interviews from stroke rehabilitation professionals such as doctors, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and speech language pathologists. They speak directly about each step of recovery according to their expertise.
• It is also featured on the Stroke Recovery Association of BC website, SRABC’s YouTube channel and via social media.
This DVD can be used as a whole or it can be shown in sections.
The sections are as follows:
- Exercise and mobility
- Communication and language
- Social interaction and recreation
- Thinking, memory and perception
- Healthy lifestyle
- System navigation